Unity is a wonderful game engine which simplifies making a game by its own inbuilt feature-list. If you have a little experience in programming, you can start easily with unity. I assume you have unity set up already. Here are some steps for you to follow.
- Learn C# basics . There are 2 more language except C# : Boo and Java Script. I would recommend C# cause of its flexibility and extra features. You can google for C# basic knowledge.
- After that when you have a good knowledge with C# basics (OOPS basically) just open Unity and learn about its Editor . Complete all the videos and know about every little details and shortcut as they are time saver.
- Once you have a grip on Editor just ready yourself for some Scripting knowledge. These video will help you to understand the scripting functionality , important methods used in unity.
- Now its time for action . I would recommend to go through these topics:
- For more tutorials you can check this link . It has a updated tutorial list regarding 2D or 3D development.Happy Gaming, Cheers 🙂